Sunday 21 June 2015

Series Finish

For my series I had originally set out to do a series of artworks around the theme of isolation/ solitude but after reconciling the idea and finding its broadness to be to big to focus upon. I changed my theme to revolve around my first painting being based on the movie All is Lost. My first peice represents a constant throught the movie while my other two peices revolve around a before and after interaction between the object of focus (the container) in my first painting.Displaying IMG_0887.JPG


With regards to style Ichose pallet knives for the painting aboveas it provides an aesthetically pleasing look at with regards to scenery. Pallet knives also worked fairly well for this piece as the object of focus is so small being so far in the distance. This leaves most of the painting to the water and the sky making pallet knives ideal.

For the next two painings I decided to have a more graphic art style aposed to the more realistic first painting. I decided this as it puts contrast between the first painting and the other two as well as putting a different style on water and the texture accosiated with water. This painting in particular shows the setting of the main character in All is Lost before his boat crashes into the shipping container.
My final painting shows the life raft the main character takes to after his ship is submerged from the damage done by the crash with the shipment container. I chose this style again as I wanted to show the differences between the sea at dusk and thenat dawn in this graphic art setting withchanges such as darker water and the mist setting in on the sun.
Here are some photos of me working on my art project.





No comments:

Post a Comment