Sunday 21 June 2015

My Style

The four years of high school art have passed by fairly quickly and upon looking back at my artwork from the past It appears as though I don't usually have a clear conception of what to do until the due date has been passed by several days if not weeks. This unfocused attitude I have seems to come through in my work with results that have mixed results depending on the artwork or theme at hand. While having an unfocused attitude towards art seems like it would render no benifits it helps with scenic paintings like my art series painting and my painting from last year.Displaying IMG_0887.JPG
when I am creating an artwork my main goal is to clearly convey an idea or theme that I am set to show. The materials I use to convey a theme or idea usually revolve around painting materials with concerns to either pallet knives or brush if I'm trying to do an abstract painting with more scenery (pallet knives) or a painting which is focused on an object (brush). another way in which I use materials for conveying a theme or idea is through my color scheme andthe paints I use, for example in my art series I used darker colors in my container painting to show how the container was a negative part of the main character's experience I used darker colours, and for the other two paintings when the main character was aboard his yacht or life raft he still had hope and remained positive so I used lighter blues, yellows, and oranges.
Displaying IMG_0887.JPG

With regards tomy audience I want them to think and feel connected to the art as though they can relate to the experiance of being on open waters on a sunny day or being in a hazy dream like state that feels like home.

For this painting I wanted to show how I make art in a way that isn't necessarily accurate to what it looks like in real life while also showing the useof colours from dark to bright or bright to dark depending on where you look at it from.


No comments:

Post a Comment